We celebrate a lot of beverage-related holidays here at GrowlerWerks. National Beer Day, World Bartender Day and American Craft Beer Week, to name a few. And now, with the release of our uKeg Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker, we’re adding National Coffee Day to the list.
The 29th day of September pays tribute to everyone’s favorite morning pick-me-up. In honor of our first year in the specialty coffee biz, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite ways to enjoy coffee beyond the standard cup o’ joe.
- Nitro cold brew coffee from the uKeg Nitro. No surprise there. But, the ability to make creamy, nitro-infused cold brew at home makes this fan favorite less expensive and more accessible than ever.
- Added to your breakfast smoothie. Mornings can be hectic. Save time by combining much-needed caffeine with the most important meal of the day. Here’s a recipe to get you started.
- Poured over gelato. Drench a scoop of vanilla gelato with a shot of espresso and you have an affogato and a reason to practice your Italian accent.
- Mixed in a cocktail. One part coffee, two parts bourbon and a little brown sugar simple syrup make a nice drink and an even nicer night by the fire.
- Spicing up your main course. Make a dry rub with coffee grounds for your prime rib. Not convinced that’s a good idea? This recipe will change your mind.
Coffee is as versatile as it is delicious. We hope your National Coffee Day is filled with tasty adventures.