Many people have a love/hate relationship with the Fall for one reason: the food and beverage industry’s unwavering commitment to adding pumpkin spice flavor to every item on the shelf. We know craft breweries have not shied away from that autumn trend, but what about the holiday season? There’s no one ingredient as dominant as pumpkin, but that doesn’t mean brewers don’t get into the spirit when they’re creating their December beer lineups.
We rounded up a few examples of craft beers that are inspired by holiday flavors and traditions, and sure to put an extra jingle in your bells.
- Why put a Christmas tree in your house, when you can put it in your beer? Ballast Point Brewing and Alaskan Brewing Company are just two of the breweries that offer IPAs brewed with spruce tips.
- Bear Republic is bringing the holiday fruit with its Sonoma Tart Pomegranate Plum sour ale.
- Strange Craft Beer Company in Denver released its Gingerbread Man brown ale. Who knows? Santa may prefer this to a plate of cookies.
- If you’re looking to quell your candy cane cravings, there are several peppermint beers to choose from, including Reclamation Brewing Company’s Peppermint Mocha Latte stout.
- We’d be remiss if we didn’t include The Lost Abbey’s Gift of the Magi farmhouse lager, which is brewed with frankincense bark and a tiny amount of myrrh.
- Lastly (we’ll let you decide if this has us ending on a high note or a low note), Westallion Brewing Company recently announced the release of its Eggnog White Stout.
If this list doesn’t scream holiday cheer, we don’t know what does. Happy holiday drinking!